The Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys welcomes membership in the classes listed below.
ACTIVE MEMBER - The chief elected or appointed prosecuting attorney in any County of Missouri, or the City of St. Louis, Missouri shall be eligible to join the Association as an Active Member.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER - Each person holding any of the following offices or positions shall be eligible to join the Association as an Associate member:
- Any assistant prosecuting attorney or employee in any of the offices of an active member;
- Any attorney at law who, as a member of the Armed Forces of the United States of America, stationed at a base in the State of Missouri is charged with serving as an attorney in the enforcement of the military or criminal law;
- The Attorney General or an Assistant Attorney General in the State of Missouri engaged in the enforcement of criminal law;
- Any United States Attorney or Assistant United States Attorney in the Eastern or Western District of Missouri engaged in the enforcement of criminal law;
- Any attorney from any other State or country serving in a position that, if serving in that position in the State of Missouri, would be eligible for active or associate membership;
- Any full-time municipal prosecuting attorney or full-time assistant municipal prosecuting attorney engaged in the prosecution of ordinances before municipal or other courts.
ALUMNI MEMBER - Any former Active Member of the Association whose term of office has expired.