Missouri Office of Prosecution Services
VOCA Fiscal Officer
Job Description and Duties:
Requirements: Substantial experience with financial record keeping and budgeting. Knowledge of victimization issues, the criminal justice process, experience in a prosecutor’s office and experience with state or federal grants is preferred.
Scope: This full-time, grant-funded position will be based in the Missouri Office of Prosecution Services (MOPS) and will be responsible for coordinating reimbursement claims for the Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys Circuit-Based Victim Advocate Victim of Crimes Act (VOCA) grant. This position will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, assisting with monitoring grant compliance from sub-recipients, and providing technical assistance to participating sub-recipients. This position will work under the supervision of the MOPS Special Victims Resource Prosecutor, and coordinate with the MOPS Victim Services Coordinator as well as county prosecutors’ offices as sub-recipients of the Circuit-Based Victim Advocate VOCA grant.
Ideal Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Thorough understanding of the criminal justice system
• Collaborative approach to work with many offices
• Motivated self-starter
• Knowledge of the State of Missouri and the ability to travel throughout the state as needed
• Ability to create, maintain, and understand financial documentation
• Previous experience with State or Federal Victim Assistance Grants
• Initiate contact and establish working relationships with Prosecuting Attorneys’ offices throughout the state
• Initiate contact and establish working relationships with the Division of Social Services VOCA Unit
• Coordinate with the Special Victims Resource Prosecutor, the Statewide Victim Advocate Coordinator and the Circuit-Based Victim Advocates as needed.
• Develop and provide trainings on various forms and documents relating to reimbursement claims to be utilized by the Circuit-Based Victim Advocates
• Provide training and technical assistance to all prosecutor-based Circuit-Based Victim Advocates and Fiscal Officers, specifically related to data collection, the monthly claims process and grant compliance
• Submit monthly invoices to DSS and keep all mandatory records related to monthly claims
• Submit Quarterly and Annual reports to DSS and keep all mandatory records related to such reports
• Assist with data collection and gathering statistical information related to the grant reporting and renewal process.
• Other duties as assigned
MOPS is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send resumes with references via email to Catherine.Vannier@prosecutors.mo.gov.
ASSISTANT PROSECUTING ATTORNEY
The Jasper County County Prosecuting Attorneys Office is seeking a full-time Assistant Prosecuting Attorney. Candidate must be a member of the Missouri Bar Association in good standing.
Send resume to: Theresa.Kenney@prosecutors.mo.gov
National Association of Attorneys General
DIRECTOR - NATIONAL ATTORNEYS GENERAL TRAINING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The NAGTRI Director will lead a growing team of attorneys and support staff in ensuring the vision, priorities, and initiatives of the NAGTRI strategic plan are met. The NAGTRI Director will recognize and execute the vision of NAGTRI as set out by the NAAG/NAGTRI Training Committee, NAAG Executive Director and NAAG Deputy Executive Director, and the NAGTRI National Advisory Board, and enhance that vision with their own.
The ideal candidate for NAGTRI Director is a person of strong leadership skills, vision, energy, initiative, integrity, and humility with a track record that bears witness to such qualities. He/she should also have a strong ability to build bridges, forge partnerships, and effectively grow and manage projects. Potentially successful candidates will be individuals who are never satisfied with the status quo.
Frequent domestic travel and some international travel are required.
The NAGTRI Director will be a member of the NAAG executive staff leadership team and will report to the NAAG Deputy Executive Director.
For full job announcement information click HERE.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and one writing sample via email to Debbie Tang at Bridge Partners: email@example.com.
Please use "NAGTRI Director" as the subject line.
NAAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.
ASSISTANT PROSECUTING ATTORNEY II
PROSECUTING ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
Responsibilities: Represent the State of Missouri in criminal prosecutions.
Status: Full-time, exempt, benefited
Qualifications: Juris Doctorate degree with a valid license to practice law in the State of Missouri.
Resume and cover letter encouraged.
Annual Salary Range: $52,624 – $87,131
Deadline for Application: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Apply online at www.showmeboone.com or call (573) 886-4395 with questions. Benefit-eligible employees receive paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, enrollment in the County Employees Retirement Fund, and two matching deferred compensation plans. Other benefits include 100% County paid or low cost employee health insurance premium options, 100% County paid employee dental premiums, subsidized dependent premiums, and County paid long-term disability and life insurance.
JOB OPPORTUNITY #: 669-2903
ASSISTANT PROSECUTING ATTORNEY
The Adair County Prosecuting Attorney's Office in Kirksville, Missouri has an immediate opening for an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney. Applicants must be a member of the Missouri Bar in good standing. Interested candidates should have 0-4 years experience and a strong desire to work in public service.
Interested candidates may apply via email to Karla Kramer, Office Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by faxing a cover letter and resume to (660) 627-3835.
Please provide a cover letter and your current resume.
Missouri Attorney General Employment Opportunities
State of Missouri Employment Opportunities
Department of Revenue Employment Opportunities